Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/07/15 15:39:06 UTC

davidgsoc: review of revision 31

Hi Federico,

Here's my review of the rev 31 code at
http://davidgsoc2010.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

Now that we're getting into more detailed work, I think you should
create some JIRA issues that block SLING-1438, as already suggested in
my last review, to keep track of things.

See also my previous report ("davidgsoc2010 editor review" June 28 on
this list) in case some of those points are still open.

Here's my est scenario and results:

Install bundle
Login as admin/admin via http://localhost:8080/system/sling/login
Start at http://localhost:8080/content/david.home
Create an entry via http://localhost:8080/content/david.new, tags = "test gsoc"
-> Using Chrome: not saved, client alert box says "object XMLHttpRequest"
-> needs a better error message in that case
-> need "please login" link on home page
-> Using Firefox: entry saved
-> tags appear as a single "testgsoc" tag, should document the syntax
(comma-separated?) on forms

List entry via http://localhost:8080/content/david.list.html
-> entry is listed, ok
Edit via http://localhost:8080/content/david/test1.edit
-> tags not visible on that form
-> modified entry saved, ok
-> it would be good to use chronological path names for entries, i.e.
2010/07/15/myentry. Probably possible simply by generating a :nameHint
field client-side.

>From http://localhost:8080/content/david.list.html test single entry PDF
-> PDF works
-> tags not displayed in PDF

Aggregated PDF from http://localhost:8080/content/david.pdf
-> ok
-> I'd like to go further with this, for example /content/2010/07.pdf
should aggregate all entries found under /content/2010/07. And same
for html. Not a priority.

Click in tagcloud at http://localhost:8080/content/david.home
-> search ok, http://localhost:8080/content/david.taglist?tag=testgsoc
-> search works, finds the tagged entries
-> catching the tags to click them is "fun", need alternative
accessible interface

Additional comments
-> homepage should be /content/david.html, current david.home is not obvious
-> need multiple bundles as discussed before

I agree with your plans of finishing the search functions, in a simple way.

Next steps would be to split the code in several bundles, and review
and comment the code to make it as obvious as possible.

Additional ideas on my side:
-Use a nice design from http://www.oswd.org/ for publication, and
maybe make it easy to change the design
-Make the rich text editor pluggable by replacing an OSGi bundle
-Do you have plans for images in entries already?

Please create JIRA issues for the above items, so that we can keep
track of what's happening.

Thanks,
-Bertrand