Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ha...@jpmchase.com on 2006/01/10 16:36:30 UTC

Maven 2 and Ant classpath issue

Hi

I'm using Maven 2.0.1 and trying to use a non-standard Ant task
(scriptdef), in my pom.xml. It's giving me
this error:
Embedded error: Could not create task or type of type: scriptdef.

The required jar for ant scriptdef task is included in my pom.xml as:
<dependency>
        <groupId>bsf</groupId>
      <artifactId>bsf</artifactId>
      <version>2.3.0</version>
</dependency>

Looks like the Maven classpath is not being passed on to Ant...

I have checked the Maven documentation, but couldn't find the source of
error.

Any idea what's wrong here ?

My entire pom.xml is appended below.

Thanks in advance

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
        <artifactId>${artifactId}</artifactId>
        <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
        <version>${version}</version>
        <name>Maven Gateway Archetype</name>
        <url/>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>bsf</groupId>
                        <artifactId>bsf</artifactId>
                        <version>2.3.0</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>ant</groupId>
                        <artifactId>ant-apache-bsf</artifactId>
                        <version>1.6.5</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>junit</groupId>
                        <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
                        <version>3.8.1</version>
                        <scope>test</scope>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
        <build>
                <finalName>${artifactId}</finalName>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                                <version>1.1</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>generate-sources</id>
                                                <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <tasks >

                                                                <scriptdef name="lc" language="javascript">
                                                                        <attribute name="property"/>
                                                                        <attribute name="value"/>
        .setNewProperty(attributes.get("property"),
        .get("value").toLowerCase());
                                                                </scriptdef>
                                                                <basename property="gw.name" file="${basedir}"/>
                                                                <lc property="gw.name.lc" value="${gw.name}"/>
                                                                <echo>gw.name=${gw.name}</echo>
                                                                <echo>gw.name.lc=${gw.name.lc}</echo>
                                                                <echo>filtering...</echo>
                                                                <fileset dir="${basedir}"/>
                                                                <filterset>
                                                                        <filter token="CLIENT_NAME" value="${gw.name}"/>
                                                                        <filter token="client_name" value="${gw.name.lc}"/>
                                                                        <filter token="basedir" value="${basedir}"/>
                                                                        <filter token="env" value="${env}"/>
                                                                </filterset>
                                                                <mapper type="regexp" from="(.*)_GW(.*)\.(.*)" to="\1${gw.name}_GW\2.\3"/>
                                                                <echo>filetering complete.</echo>
                                                        </tasks>
                                                </configuration>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>run</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>jar</id>
                                                <phase>compile</phase>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <tasks>
                                                                <!-- this will delegate to an ant build.xml, you could embed here your ant
tasks -->
                                                                <path id="classpath">
                                                                        <path refid="maven.compile.classpath"/>
                                                                        <path refid="maven.plugin.classpath"/>
                                                                        <path refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
                                                                </path>
                                                                <ant antfile="build/ant-build.xml" dir="${basedir}" inheritRefs="true">
                                                                        <target name="jar"/>
                                                                </ant>
                                                        </tasks>
                                                </configuration>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>run</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </build>
</project>

Re: Maven 2 and Ant classpath issue

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I believe you already asked this on the users@ list? You won't get any
extra help here, sorry - that was the right place. Please follow up there.

- Brett