Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Da...@fja-us.com> on 2007/07/02 22:54:34 UTC

Changes report plugin - JIRA reports

I am trying to include a JIRA report on my project website. I have
configured the plugin as specified in the documentation [1]. No errors
appear on the command line, and the Jira Report page is generated.

However, the table is empty. :-(

I am using JIRA 3.6.5, Maven 2.0.7, and the latest maven-changes-plugin
(2.0-beta-2 according to the website). The output shows nothing of
interest, even with -X:

[INFO] Generate "Jira Report" report.
(org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient).
[INFO] JIRA lives at: http://myserver:8080/jira
[INFO] Downloading
http://myserver:8080/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=10001&
sorter/field=created&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/orde
r=DESC&tempMax=100&reset=true&decorator=none
[INFO] Downloading successful

I tried configuring the plugin w/ a username and password for JIRA, but
that had no effect:

  <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
      <jiraUser>zaphod</jiraUser>
	<jiraPassword>foobar</jiraPassword>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>

Any idea what I missed?

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/usage.html

--
Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.

Re: Changes report plugin - JIRA reports

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Siegmann Daniel, NY wrote:
> Logging in is required to view issues (though I did try w/o the
> user/pass first, it had no effect).

OK, thanks.

I have done some work after 2.0-beta-2 was released on this issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGES-50

If you try the latest SNAPSHOT version of the changes-plugin you should
get more information on what is actually going on during the JIRA
authentication. Please report back your findings.

> Apparently I am not the only one with this issue:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGES-62
>
> Thanks,
> ~Daniel

Dennis Lundberg

RE: Changes report plugin - JIRA reports

Siegmann Daniel, NY wrote:
> I am trying to include a JIRA report on my project website. I have
> configured the plugin as specified in the documentation [1]. No errors

> appear on the command line, and the Jira Report page is generated.
>
> However, the table is empty. :-(
>
> I am using JIRA 3.6.5, Maven 2.0.7, and the latest
> maven-changes-plugin
> (2.0-beta-2 according to the website). The output shows nothing of
> interest, even with -X:
>
> [INFO] Generate "Jira Report" report.
> (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient).
> [INFO] JIRA lives at: http://myserver:8080/jira [INFO] Downloading
> http://myserver:8080/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=1000
> 1&
> sorter/field=created&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/or
> de r=DESC&tempMax=100&reset=true&decorator=none
> [INFO] Downloading successful
>
> I tried configuring the plugin w/ a username and password for JIRA,
> but that had no effect:
>
>   <plugin>
>     <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>     <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
>     <configuration>
>       <jiraUser>zaphod</jiraUser>
> 	<jiraPassword>foobar</jiraPassword>
>     </configuration>
>   </plugin>
>
> Any idea what I missed?
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/usage.html
>
> --
> Daniel Siegmann
> FJA-US, Inc.
> 512 Seventh Ave., New York, NY  10018
> (212) 840-2618 ext. 139

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Changes report plugin - JIRA reports

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Siegmann Daniel, NY wrote:
> I am trying to include a JIRA report on my project website. I have
> configured the plugin as specified in the documentation [1]. No errors
> appear on the command line, and the Jira Report page is generated.
>
> However, the table is empty. :-(
>
> I am using JIRA 3.6.5, Maven 2.0.7, and the latest maven-changes-plugin
> (2.0-beta-2 according to the website). The output shows nothing of
> interest, even with -X:
>
> [INFO] Generate "Jira Report" report.
> (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient).
> [INFO] JIRA lives at: http://myserver:8080/jira
> [INFO] Downloading
> http://myserver:8080/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=10001&
> sorter/field=created&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/orde
> r=DESC&tempMax=100&reset=true&decorator=none
> [INFO] Downloading successful
>
> I tried configuring the plugin w/ a username and password for JIRA, but
> that had no effect:
>
>   <plugin>
>     <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>     <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
>     <configuration>
>       <jiraUser>zaphod</jiraUser>
> 	<jiraPassword>foobar</jiraPassword>
>     </configuration>