Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Beau <ga...@thespidernet.com> on 2008/03/20 10:03:10 UTC

MAC OSX Client.

Hi Everyone,
I have made the switch to a new Mac from PC and am after some
recommendations please for a SVN client.

I was using Tortoise SVN and really liked the context sensitive menu
and the ability to use "show log" for reverting previous commits ether
wholly or in part.

I am currently having a play with SynchroSVN, but I had the
requirement to do a revert today and there (seemingly) wasn't a
convenient way to do it - though this could well be user operation (or
rather in-operation!)

Anyway,
Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide
Warmest regards,
Gavin Baumanis

Re: MAC OSX Client.

Posted by Paul Koning <Pa...@dell.com>.

 Beau> Hi Everyone, I have made the switch to a new Mac from PC and am
 Beau> after some recommendations please for a SVN client.

 Beau> I was using Tortoise SVN and really liked the context sensitive
 Beau> menu and the ability to use "show log" for reverting previous
 Beau> commits ether wholly or in part.

 Beau> I am currently having a play with SynchroSVN, ...

I don't know that one.  Some time ago I found SCPlugin, which seems to
work pretty well.  It feels a lot like TortoiseSVN.  And yes, it
includes a "Revert" operation right on the Subversion actions menu.

	 paul

Re: MAC OSX Client.

Posted by Landon Bradshaw <la...@justleapin.com>.
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Anthony Ettinger <an...@chovy.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com> wrote:
> > Beau wrote:
> >  > Hi Everyone,
> >  > I have made the switch to a new Mac from PC and am after some
> >  > recommendations please for a SVN client.
> >  >
> >  > I was using Tortoise SVN and really liked the context sensitive menu
> >  > and the ability to use "show log" for reverting previous commits
> ether
> >  > wholly or in part.
> >  >
> >  > I am currently having a play with SynchroSVN, but I had the
>  requirement
> >  > to do a revert today and there (seemingly) wasn't a  convenient way
> >  > do it - though this could well be user operation (or  rather
> in-operation!)
> >  >
> >  > Anyway,
> >  > Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide
> >  > Warmest regards,
> >  > Gavin Baumanis
> >
> >  I use SmartSVN and like it pretty much. I'm using the paid version, but
> >  the free one might be all you need.
> >
> >  - Rush
> >

> You could always learn the command line, now that you're on a Mac :)

Eclipse/Aptana does the trick for us ... or the fallback is RapidSVN ... and
finally there is the SCPlugin (http://scplugin.tigris.org/) that integrates
with Finder (but is not said to be completely stable) ...

...Landon

Re: MAC OSX Client.

Posted by Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <ga...@thespidernet.com>.
Huh,
I didn't get a mac to use Unix!
I got a mac because it was pretty! ;)

Although you're right....

I just like the GUI, I seem to do a lot of work with multiple files.
And currently a lot of it seems to be doing reverts on committed code,
but not always for the whole fileset of a revision.

Makes for a lot of typing, if not using a GUI. But I certain;y see the
benefit using the command line and learning the product properly.
It (learning command line) certainly help me with understanding what the
heck everyone else is talking about - especially while doing the
required research for obliterate.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
- I will have a play with all the GUIs suggested and choose the one I
like the best - and also learn the command line!

Gavin Baumanis

Re: MAC OSX Client.

Posted by Anthony Ettinger <an...@chovy.com>.

--