Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by da...@tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil on 2001/04/11 16:27:33 UTC

Apache, SSL and TOMCAT

Hi,

 I'm confused and can't find any good documentation dealing with TOMCAT,SSL and
Apache.  I'm using a 128 bit SSL key from Verisign with my Apache web server.
I noticed in the TOMCAT's server.xml file a series of steps to be completed if
I need SSL support.  I don't understand step 1 and 3. I'm new at this so please
forgive me.  But what is JSSE and where do I added it to the CLASSPATH.  If I'm
intergrating TOMCAT with Apache why do I generate key as outlined in Step 3.

Dave

RE: Apache, SSL and TOMCAT

Posted by Rams <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
hi dave,
	first of all, what do u mean by steps 1,2..n.
r u refering server.xml here?
	ln server.xml u find a set of lines to uncomment to enable SSL part
in Tomcat webserver.Thats all..

clarifications,if any, r invited.

Rams
CMCLtd