Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carlos Gama <ga...@fmailbox.com> on 2005/07/01 20:25:14 UTC

Can't upload .csv files in CForms (2.1.7)

Hi all,
  I'm tryed to change the upload sample/demo that comes with cocoon
  2.1.7 to allow the upload of .csv files instead of "simple" text files
  (i.e. .txt) but I allways get the "upload.invalid-type" (i.e. "Invalid
  Content Type") validation error when I submmit the form!?

All I did was changing the the mime-types attribute in the sample's form
model (upload_model.xml), from "text/plain" to "text/csv":

    <fd:upload id="upload" mime-types="text/csv" required="true">

I've also tried "text/x-csv", with no joy!

Can someone help me with this?

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7, with the bundled Jetty server. JDK is Sun 1.5.3.
OS is Win XP Pro SP2. And the browser I'm using is Firefox 1.0.4.

Any hints about how to upload a .csv file would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos Gama

Re: Can't upload .csv files in CForms (2.1.7)

Posted by Carlos Gama <ga...@fmailbox.com>.
FYI

I've sort it! I've sniffed the traffic between the browser and
Jetty/Cocoon with Ethereal and discovered that the .csv file is sent
with mime-type "application/vnd.ms-excel"?! Perhaps this happens only
when the file is uploaded from a Windows machine, so just in case I
changed the mime-types as:

    <fd:upload id="file_contratosnovos" mime-types="text/csv,
    application/vnd.ms-excel" required="true">

Hope this can help others!