Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name> on 2008/06/10 10:07:07 UTC

ElementListUtils vs. ListUtils

Dear Fop-devs,

as I prepared the patch while being offline, I had not read the
suggestion to put the code I put in "ListUtil" into
"ElementListUtils". Just to be on the safe side: Should both classes
be merged? Or is "elementListUtil" specific to List<Element> ?

Max

Re: ElementListUtils vs. ListUtils

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Max,

Max Berger wrote:
> Dear Fop-devs,
>
> as I prepared the patch while being offline, I had not read the
> suggestion to put the code I put in "ListUtil" into "ElementListUtils".
> Just to be on the safe side: Should both classes be merged? Or is
> "elementListUtil" specific to List<Element> ?

ElementListUtils is dedicated to lists of Knuth elements, resolved and
unresolved (that is, before the space-resolution rules are applied,
XSL-FO 1.1, ยง4.3.1). This corresponds to the ListElement hierarchy
(could be better named? Probably).

Your ListUtil class is more general, so it deserves its own existence.
No need to change anything.

Vincent