Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Christophe Dupriez <ch...@destin.be> on 2012/02/08 21:02:16 UTC

Switching to XHTML?

You may remember that I have been "fighting" to make the WYSIWYG XHTML
CK editor work seamless (from user point of view) with JSPWiki pages.
This triggered way too many modifications in the JSPWiki parsing and
rendering.
And there are always remaining issues... (but I reached a level users
accept)

I am more and more feeling like switching all stored content into XHTML
(preservation = perennial storage content encoding...)

This would involve:
1) choosing a way to represent the different JSPWiki functionalities
(like plugins) into XHTML
2) develop a CLEAN replacement of specific JSPWiki modules
3) develop a mass converter of all pages (including their past versions)
into XHTML
4) a side advantage could be that the XHTML could store "meta" fields
that could be accessible as page attributes (no need to implement
complex JCR Providers...)

Is this strategical for some of you?
How could we organize not to make a fork but graceful addition?
Who could contribute what?

Personally, I can contribute at a given time something which "work" but
I would really like to have some support of a committer to be sure the
process reaches an integrated result.
To begin, I could provide the modified sources working for CK (but
encoding in regular JSPWiki language).

What do you think?

Christophe

Re: Switching to XHTML?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
It's probably easier to make your own wiki that'll just simply store the output from FCK editor than change JSPWiki to handle xhtml everywhere.  Doing anything else would kill you somewhere on the roundtrip.

JSPWiki's storage format is as old as XHTML, BTW.

/Janne

Re: Switching to XHTML?

Posted by Christophe Dupriez <ch...@destin.be>.
Yes, exactly.