Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <im...@apache.org> on 2004/05/04 12:51:15 UTC

[vfs][all] How to update website for VFS

Hello!

I would like to update the website for the vfs project. It looks like
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#web is no longer true - isnt it?
As far as i have seen there is an xdocs directory in the projects cvs. I
have changed and commited it but it looks like the site needs some kind
of "regeneration".
How could this be done or is it done automatically on a e.g. weekly basis?

Thanks,
Mario

Re: [vfs][all] How to update website for VFS

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <im...@apache.org>.
Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> I was the last one to do it Give it a try, if you encounter issues,
> drop them into this thread and we'll debug together.

Thanks, I will try it!

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Hmm, I suspect this original model was broken back when Apache started
allocating virtual hosts and each group when off into its own approach.
Sadly, we need to find a way back to a simple backup structure such as
this.

Mario, I reviewed the directory permissions and you should be able to
use the maven site:deploy task to update your site in

/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/vfs

I was the last one to do it Give it a try, if you encounter issues, drop
them into this thread and we'll debug together.

-Mark

Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to update the website for the vfs project. It looks like
> http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#web is no longer true - isnt it?
> As far as i have seen there is an xdocs directory in the projects cvs. I
> have changed and commited it but it looks like the site needs some kind
> of "regeneration".
> How could this be done or is it done automatically on a e.g. weekly basis?
>
> Thanks,
> Mario

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

Re: [vfs][all] How to update website for VFS

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
What I do in commons-net.

maven site

And your target/docs directory should have your site locally.  To deploy that generated site:

maven site:sshdeploy

If you want to generate and deploy in one step:

maven site:deploy