Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by srivalli2006 <ne...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/26 17:28:55 UTC

using Tomahawk with

Hi ,

I am using tomahawk <t:panelTabbedPane/> tag. However I would like an action
event to be fired and would like to refresh my page on clicking a particular
tab(i.e.<t:panelTab />) on the pane.On searching google I found
<t:tabChangeListener/>.But i dont now how to use it.If anyone has idea of
how to use it or any other alternative solution , it would be of great
help.This is an emergency.

Thanks and Regards
Srivalli Neelam

Re: using Tomahawk with

Posted by Mr Arvind Pandey <ar...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,
use like this ....

   t:panelTabbedPane styleClass="tabbedpane_css"
align="center" width="90%"
selectedIndex="#{tabbedPaneBean.tabIndex}"
serverSideTabSwitch="true"    >
	t:tabChangeListener type="com.abc.xyz.TabListener"/>
// TabListener class is as below :
package com.abc.xyz;
public class TabListener implements TabChangeListener{

	public TabListener() {
		super();
		//Write your own code.
	}

	public void processTabChange(TabChangeEvent
             event) throws AbortProcessingException {
	//you can use evnt.getNewTabIndex() to remain
        //on the same tab after refresh.
        //Now you can get the latest data from DB if
        //required.
        //Now refresh the page as below :
       FacesContext context =
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
					Application application =
context.getApplication();

//this.refreshPage() ...I have writtent for refreshing
				this.refreshPage(context, application,
"/current-page.jsp", "currentPage");
}
}

	public void refreshPage(FacesContext facesContext,
Application application,
			String viewId, String outcome) {

		LifecycleFactory lFactory = (LifecycleFactory)

FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.LIFECYCLE_FACTORY);
		Lifecycle lifecycle =
lFactory.getLifecycle(LifecycleFactory.DEFAULT_LIFECYCLE);
		ViewHandler viewHandler =
application.getViewHandler();

		// specify what page you want to pretend to "come
from"; normally
		// an empty string is ok

		UIViewRoot view =
viewHandler.createView(facesContext, viewId);
		facesContext.setViewRoot(view);

		// specify what outcome value you want to use for
navigation

		NavigationHandler navigationHandler =
application.getNavigationHandler();
		navigationHandler.handleNavigation(facesContext,
null, outcome);
		lifecycle.render(facesContext);

	}

Also modify your navigation file i.e. faces-config.xml
from outcome....currentPage......
to view id ...currentPage.jsp....

regards...
Arvind