Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Raymond Richardson <ex...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/31 00:28:42 UTC

Mahout in eCommerce

Hello All,
I looked at the "Powered by Mahout" page on the Mahout website, and didn't see
anyone who seemed to be using Mahout as an item-based recommender on any of
those sites. Does anyone know of a eCommerce site that uses Mahout for
item-based recommendations?

Thanks,

-- Ray

Re: Mahout in eCommerce

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Item based recommenders wind up the most common production style of
recommendation so even people who say they are using user-based
recommendation often switch shortly thereafter.  The benefits of off-line
computation become too important to ignore.

Re: Mahout in eCommerce

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Well there is Amazon starting to use Mahout and I personally know of
companies using it that are not willing to publicly talk about it.

--sebastian