Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by xweber <xw...@googlemail.com> on 2007/06/24 12:52:20 UTC

feedback: starting examples in trunk

hi,

here some feedback to current examples startet from trunk as guessed in
README

On Startup:
ERROR [main] (ContextLoader.java:203) - Context initialization failed
with name 'org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.BlockResourcesHolder':
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/hello-world/style/xsl/page2svg.xsl
(Too many open files)
Caused by:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/hello-world/style/xsl/page2svg.xsl
(Too many open files)

i increased ulimit to 4096 to get it up.

======

all links in samples page "Back - to Cocoon Blocks Samples main page" point
to http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/ but it should be
http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/

======

Wiki editor - In this example the parser is used to build an online editor,
which is based on the very popular syntax of Wiki.
this link
http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-chaperon-sample/view.do?page=index
causes Message: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Exception occured while copying
response from the service to the output stream

<map:serialize type="servletService"> -

======

same for
http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-chaperon-sample/view.do?page=selftest

======

Syntax highlighting example

Example 1 - The parser can also be used to colorize some source code.
Example 2 - This example show a another view of a java class, similar to
javadoc. (The first use takes 2-3 minutes, for the parser table generation
process.)

both are looking for a file:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/Cocoon.java

which does not exist

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-fop-sample/misc/svgtest.pdf

says:
HTTP ERROR: 500

org.apache.batik.bridge.UnitProcessor.createContext(Lorg/apache/batik/bridge/BridgeContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)Lorg/apache/batik/util/UnitProcessor$Context;

RequestURI=/blocks/cocoon-fop-sample/misc/svgtest.pdf

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-imageop-sample/logo2.png/grayscale

says:

Message: Source or Destination ColorSpace is undefined

<map:read type="image-op-grayscale"> -
file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-imageop-sample/sitemap.xmap:72:57
at <map:match> -
file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-imageop-sample/sitemap.xmap:71:40

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-lucene-sample/findIt?queryString=lucene

says:

Problem in creating the Request

Message:
/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/index not
a directory

<map:serialize>

same for Index2

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-bsf-sample/generator/hello.gy

says:

Message: org.codehaus.groovy.bsf.GroovyEngine

ScriptGenerator.generate() at <map:serialize type="xml"
cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.groovy.bsf.GroovyEngine

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-javaflow-sample/

Message: org.apache.cocoon.samples.reloading.MyGenerator

configuration from 'sitemap.xmap'.; nested exception is
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to
create class for component with role
org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator/mygenerator with class:
org.apache.cocoon.samples.reloading.MyGenerator

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-validation-sample/report-rng-valid

says:

Message: line 203: Syntaxfehler in '*[text()][not(* or comment() or
processing-instruction())]'.
file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-samples-style-default/stylesheets/system/xml2html.xslt:
line 112: Fehler bei Syntaxanalyse des XPath-Ausdrucks '*[text()][not(* or
comment() or processing-instruction())]'.

same for all ValidationReportTransformer Samples

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-stx-sample/hello.html

says:

cause

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: stylesheet erfordert das Attribut
version.

location

file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-stx-sample/page2html.stx

(translated: stylesheet requires attribute version)
Same fpr all STX samples

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-apples-sample/form2xml.flow

says:

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
form2xml.flow

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-xsp-sample/java/upload

says:

cause

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
upload_xsp:
ERROR 1
(org/apache/cocoon/www/file_/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon_2_2/core/cocoon_webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon_xsp_sample/java/upload_xsp.java):

  File uploadDir = null;
  /** Contextualize this class */
  public void contextualize(Context context) throws ContextException {

// start error (lines 84-84) "Constants.CONTEXT_UPLOAD_DIR cannot be
resolved"
    uploadDir = (File) context.get(Constants.CONTEXT_UPLOAD_DIR);

// end error
  }

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-xsp-sample/python/hello

says:

Message: Component with role
'org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.ProgrammingLanguage/' and
key 'python' is not defined in this service selector.
(Key='AvalonServiceSelector')

======

this end part 1 - i am too hungry now ;-)

Alex

Re: feedback: starting examples in trunk

Posted by xweber <xw...@googlemail.com>.
Part II

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-deli-sample/deli.html

returns no error - but a empty body tag.

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-petstore-sample/viewCategory.do?categoryId=FISH

the first click will result in a "table not found" message. With the second
try the main pages loads. However, clicking on a detail link like the one
above results in

cause

org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException:
"file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-petstore-sample/flow/petstore.js",
line 50: Inappropriate array length.

======

cForms - nice examples. Some of them saying "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space". Other kills my cpu with 100% usage. Maybe something is
going wrong here. They have been run faster and smoothly with 2.1.10

Also I tryied to run http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-eventcache-sample/
after those samples with the OutOfMemory error. After restarting jetty:run
it loads successfully.
======

Portal: it still has the wrong link
http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-portal-sample/. It should be
http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/cocoon-portal-sample/portal

Even with that i receive:
varible not found with name dojo-resources
resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl - 87:69

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-jms-sample/

cause

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-profiler-sample/caching-testsite.html

java.lang.NullPointerException
javax.servlet.ServletException: Sitemap: error invoking matcher
	at <map:match> -
file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-profiler-sample/sitemap.xmap:49:50
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor.service(RequestProcessor.java:232)

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/flow/prefs/

cause

org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: getUserRegistry is not a
function, it is org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaPackage.
(file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/flow/prefs/prefs.js#30)

======

http://127.0.0.1:8888/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/spring/
cause

org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot find function
getUploadDirectory.
(file:/home/xweber/tmp/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-webapp/target/work/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/spring/flow/flow.js#26)

======

Scratchpad: some of them does not work. Because of the name this may be a
wanted behavior.

Posted by xweber <xw...@googlemail.com>.

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> Alex, thanks for your effort of reporting all the issues. Such a thorough
> testing is of course very valuable and informative but we have to think
> what's to do now.

no problem.

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> Do you feel that you would be able to help us fix some of them? After
> taking a quick look at your report I think that some would be quite easy
> to repair because only some paths are broken because of several
> refactorings.

I would like to be able to fix them - but unfortunatly with my current Java
and Cocoon knowledge I do not think that I am able beyond testing. If you
can give me one "solving sample" what may be caused by a path problem and
how to diag / fix this - then I think I will be able to apply on other cases
on this kind of problem. I am still learning...

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> Could you fill bug reports for at least portion of your findings and
> preferably submit patch fixing the issue? Of course flood of issues will
> not help us that much but gradual informing should.

Yes, putting that to a ticket system is possible for me. As I said in the
report - I cannot assume (right now) which samples should run and which not
(beacuse they are "old stuff").

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
xweber pisze:
> hi,
>
> here some feedback to current examples startet from trunk as guessed in
> README

<snip what="detailed bug report"/>

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski