Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ms...@startechgroup.co.uk> on 2001/11/16 11:00:05 UTC

XML::Xerces SAX support

Jason,

Will you be making Xerces' SAX support compatible with Perl SAX2, or are you
going to keep it as "C++ SAX" ? Also, are you going to support XML::SAX? I
notice you have your own factory class in there, but it's rather pointless
if Xerces is the only thing it knows about :-)

Matt.
--
<:->Get a smart net</:->

Re: XML::Xerces SAX support

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Matt Sergeant" <ms...@startechgroup.co.uk> writes:

> Will you be making Xerces' SAX support compatible with Perl SAX2, or
> are you going to keep it as "C++ SAX" ? Also, are you going to
> support XML::SAX? I notice you have your own factory class in there,
> but it's rather pointless if Xerces is the only thing it knows about
> :-)

Hey Matt,

I have to admit that I'm rather a dumb bunny when it comes to SAX and
SAX2, and know nothing about how Xerces' SAX/2 support differs from
those of other Perl classes.

I would be really happy to support XML::SAX, but I'm not going
to write it anytime soon (unless IBM can support me to do it ;-). If
someone offers to help, I'll give advice, but I'm a contractor and
right now the only contracts I have to give me much reason to work on
Xerces.

Cheers,
jas.