Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 18:09:49 UTC

Re: Reviewing license / notice and bundled software

On 17 July 2014 15:20, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess it is about mvn dependency:tree analysis.

No, that just shows the run-time dependencies.

What's important is what is actually included (bundled) in the release
archives (source and binary).

The NOTICE and LICENSE files must ONLY relate to the bits that are
actually bundled in the archives.

The licensing of non-included dependencies is still relevant however -
an ASF project cannot bundle (e.g.) a GPL2.0 library, but it may
depend on such a library provided that the library is optional.