Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Gene.Ballard@360pro.com" <ge...@360pro.com> on 2013/03/15 17:26:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache displays MySql error on static web pages

Apache  2.2.15
CentOS Linux 6.3
Copy of conf file: http://360pro.com/tmp/v2conf.txt

I've just built a new LAMP server and I'm having a little issue where
Apache displays the following error when I try to access the Apache test
page via browser at http://198.101.242.185 :

Database Error: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to
MySQL.

I've googled the problem but since the error mentions MySql, everything I
find is related to connecting to MySql, which I'm not trying to connect
mySql...

However, I have installed Webmin and I am able to access webmin via
webrowser through port 10000... it runs just fine.

Additionally, MySQL is accessible via telnet and command-line, and all my
permissions are correct.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Gene
- - -
Gene Ballard

Re: [users@httpd] Apache displays MySql error on static web pages

Posted by "Gene.Ballard@360pro.com" <ge...@360pro.com>.
Thanks for your comments which have reminded me that I had to install an
additional php extension to get webmin to work last week... I'm going to
rebuild the server since it has nothing on it, then take notes on my
configurations, which I should have done the first time.

All the best,

Gene

- - -
Gene Ballard