Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Troy Bull <tr...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 17:03:56 UTC

Problems with CGi

Greetings

I followed the instructions to setup cgi support in Tomcat 6.  I think
i have it configured as per the instructions.  I uncommented 2
sections in my web.xml.

When I restart tomcat "nothing" works.  No matter what I try to go to
(static html, web apps), tomcat just returns a blank page,  When I

Does anyone have any ideas?  I have a exact unzip of tomcat java 1.6,
the only change I made was to uncomment these two sections in web.xml.

thanks
troy

RE: Problems with CGi

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Troy Bull [mailto:troy.bull@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Problems with CGi
>
> CGIServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this
> web application

Interesting; I suppose that's a side effect of including it in
catalina.jar now.

> How can I tell Tomcat to allow CGI globally

You can set privileged="true" in the global <Context> element in the
conf/context.xml file.  If you're running with -security, you may need
to fiddle around in conf/catalina.policy.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Problems with CGi

Posted by Troy Bull <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Ch...@unisys.com> wrote:
> > From: Troy Bull [mailto:troy.bull@gmail.com]
>  > Subject: Problems with CGi
>

>  > When I restart tomcat "nothing" works.
>
>  1) Are you running Tomcat from the scripts or as a service?  If the
>  latter, run it from the startup script to get more diagnostic
>  information.
>
>  2) Regardless of the answer to #1, what's in the logs?

In the logs I get the following:

CGIServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application

(along with some other stuff).  How can I tell Tomcat to allow CGI
globally (in each webapp)?

Thanks
troy

RE: Problems with CGi