Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thai Dang Vu <td...@momentumsystems.com> on 2007/08/30 01:37:48 UTC

[Trinidad] trinidad 1.2.1 w/ ajax4jsf, richfaces and facelets possible?

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask if it is possible to use trinidad 1.2.1 with richfaces
3.1.0 (which includes ajax4jsf) and facelets.

This is my 1st day learning trinidad so I haven't got time to try
different ways to configure the web.xml file to make trinidad and
ajax4jsf work togeter.

If you have an existing example using both richfaces 3.1.0 and trinidad,
could I have a copy of all your configuration files (web.xml,
faces-config.xml, trinidad-config.xml) and the name of all the jar files
in WEB-INF/lib?

Regards.

NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) from Momentum Systems, Inc. contains information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message.  Please permanently delete all copies and any attachments and notify the sender immediately by reply email or by calling our Office at 703.740.9300.

Antwort: Re: [Trinidad] trinidad 1.2.1 w/ ajax4jsf, richfaces and facelets possible?

Posted by wo...@pta.de.
Hi,

One specific functionality is to have sth. like

<a:outputPanel id="beschreibungInput">
id="beschreibung" validator="#{klasseExtended.validateBeschreibung}"
simple="true">
<a:support event="onblur" reRender="beschreibungInput"/>
</a:outputPanel>

which however leads to a problem in a4j (java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.ajax4jsf.component.EventValueBinding)

However, if you use

<a:outputPanel id="beschreibungInput">
<h:inputText  maxLength="30" value="#{klasseExtended.beschreibung}"
id="beschreibung" validator="#{klasseExtended.validateBeschreibung}">
<a:support event="onblur" reRender="beschreibungInput"/>
</h:inputText>
</a:outputPanel>

it works. I have also recently started with Trinidad and wonder how to
achieve above functionality. Note that all this is surrounded by
SEAM with <s:validateAll/>.

Regards,
Wolfgang.

Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>
30.08.2007 01:47
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
MyFaces Discussion <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Trinidad] trinidad 1.2.1 w/ ajax4jsf, richfaces and facelets
possible?

Thai,

Theoretically they should work together but some people have reported
problems.  That said, I don't think a4j gives you anything that Trinidad
doesn't give you out of the box.  Is there some piece of functionality
you're looking for in a4j that Trinidad does not give you?

Scott

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Thai,

Posted by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it>.
I mixed up those libs as well (but with Trinidad 1.0x), since
richfaces/a4j seems to offer a few extra components not found elsewhere.
But:
- multimedia does not render pdf. They say it isn't its job.
- suggestionBox does not work with Trinidad (it renders attribute
"class" twice, and Trinidad renderer replaces the latter).
- modal panel does not refresh on IE because of server cache problems.
- ...
And I never got any reply from richfaces/a4j user forums to any attempt
to propose patches.
Thus I ended up with my own source branches to maintain, far from
comfortable.
In general, there is no channel with richfaces/a4j developers to talk
to. As soon as you depart a little bit from examples, expect troubles.

Luka Surija wrote:
> Last time I've tried to use a4j with trinidad there was problem with
> tr:inputText and number validators and couldn't resolve this issue.
>
> Thai Dang Vu wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'd like to ask if it is possible to use trinidad 1.2.1 with richfaces
>> 3.1.0 (which includes ajax4jsf) and facelets.
>>
>> This is my 1st day learning trinidad so I haven't got time to try
>> different ways to configure the web.xml file to make trinidad and
>> ajax4jsf work togeter.
>>
>> If you have an existing example using both richfaces 3.1.0 and trinidad,
>> could I have a copy of all your configuration files (web.xml,
>> faces-config.xml, trinidad-config.xml) and the name of all the jar files
>> in WEB-INF/lib?
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) from Momentum
>> Systems, Inc. contains information that is PRIVILEGED and
>> CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby
>> notified that any dissemination of this message is strictly
>> prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please do
>> not read, copy or forward this message.  Please permanently delete
>> all copies and any attachments and notify the sender immediately by
>> reply email or by calling our Office at 703.740.9300.

Re: [Trinidad] trinidad 1.2.1 w/ ajax4jsf, richfaces and facelets possible?

Posted by mi...@convergys.com.
I also had problems integrating ajax4jsf with trinidad in cases where I
was doing a partial update within a form.

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.

Posted by Rich Schramm <ri...@supplydynamics.com>.
I am using richfaces 3.0.1 (I don't think 3.1.0 is out until the end of
this month, like a couple days) with facelets and JSF 1.2 RI on Tomcat
5.5.

I have been trying to get Trinidad to work in this environment and I got
it to the point that it will at least attempt to render the components,
but it is not doing it properly.  I am having display and javascript
issues. I have a separate thread going now about that issue you might
want to see.  If I do get it configured properly, I will let you know...

Good luck,

Rich

[...]

_____
Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by
MessageLabs. For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com
_____