Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Pranay akula <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 15:08:27 UTC

Does a co-ordinator sends a request to replica over port 9042 or 7000

When a co-ordinator node request a replica node for data will it be
requested over port 9042 or 7000

Recently I ran a query with allow filtering in lower environments as soon
as I ran saw a spike in NTP active threads. I was trying to understand was
that related to that query or not was app doing it.

Is it like request will be sent through port 9042 but data will be sent
over 7000 ??

Thanks

Re: Does a co-ordinator sends a request to replica over port 9042 or 7000

Posted by Pranay akula <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks jeff,

I will look at app configuration,  that particular query will return some
where between 20k - 50k rows

Regards
Pranay

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.