Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Charity Majors <ch...@hound.sh> on 2016/07/03 01:00:58 UTC

rate-limiting on rebalancing, or sync from non-leaders?

Hi there,

I'm curious if there's anything on the Kafka roadmap for adding
rate-limiting or max-throughput for rebalancing processes.

Alternately, if you have RF>2, maybe a setting to instruct followers to
sync from other followers?

I'm super impressed with how fast and efficient the kafka data rebalancing
process is, but also fear for the future when it's battling for resources
against high production trafffic.  :)

Re: rate-limiting on rebalancing, or sync from non-leaders?

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.
Hi Charity

There will be a KIP for this coming out shortly.

All the best

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
Hi Charity,