Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Potts, David" <DP...@tandbergtv.com> on 2003/10/15 15:51:05 UTC

setRenderingTRansform and Listeners

Hi Folks

After calling setRenderingTransform(AffineTransform0, I expected to get an
callback from the addGVTTreeRenderListener to the gvtRenderingCompleted
listener when the Rendering transform had been completed. Nothing seems to
happen.

The only time I get  callback is when a svg image has been loaded via the
seturi call.

Is there an alternative way of detecting when a setRenderingTransform has
been completed?
Best regards

David.

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television. If received in error please
notify the sender and destroy the original message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com

Re: setRenderingTRansform and Listeners

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Potts, David wrote:

> After calling setRenderingTransform(AffineTransform0, I
> expected to get an callback from the addGVTTreeRenderListener
> to the gvtRenderingCompleted listener when the Rendering
> transform had been completed. Nothing seems to happen.

    You should always get called back (well you might
get gvtRenderingCancelled or Failed events as well) also
because this is multi-threaded you should take care to
register your listener before setting the transform.

    Otherwise I would have to know more to know what is
going on (standalone example would probably help a lot).

> The only time I get  callback is when a svg image has been
> loaded via the seturi call.

    What happens when you pan or zoom the document?

> Is there an alternative way of detecting when a
> setRenderingTransform has been completed?

    No the above way is it.