Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin W. Gagel" <ga...@cnc.bc.ca> on 2005/05/09 23:37:19 UTC

Small Problem with Razor2 via SpamAssassin

I'm using SpamAssassin 3.0.2 with Razor2 (agent 2.61).

I have a user that has had his email from his home ISP
tagged as spam when he sends to himself at work (here).
Looking at the headers shows that SpamAssassin found the
message listed in Razor2.

I've taken the actual message and removed the markup from
SpamAssassin and run a razor-check and come up empty. This
manual check says that the message is not listed (with and
without the SA markup).

Do I need to remove the headers from my internal server
(incoming mail is check and tagged at the gateway and then
sent to the internal where the users get it) or is the check
done only on the body of the message?

If the extra header info (from gateway to internal server)
would not affect the razor2 signature then why is
SpamAssassin finding it listed in Razor2 OR why can't I find
it listed when I run a razor-check against the message?

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreaciated.
I'm stumped!

=========================
Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
Information Technology Services
(250) 561-5848 local 448

The College of New Caledonia, Visit us at http://www.cnc.bc.ca
Virus scanning is done on all incoming and outgoing email.
Anti-spam information for CNC can be found at http://avas.cnc.bc.ca

Re: Small Problem with Razor2 via SpamAssassin

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:37:19PM -0700, Kevin W. Gagel wrote:
> I've taken the actual message and removed the markup from
> SpamAssassin and run a razor-check and come up empty. This
> manual check says that the message is not listed (with and
> without the SA markup).

Razor can list both messages and now URIs.  In between when the message was
received and when you tested, the bits could have been removed from the razor
server.

> Do I need to remove the headers from my internal server
> (incoming mail is check and tagged at the gateway and then
> sent to the internal where the users get it) or is the check
> done only on the body of the message?

Razor operates on the body.

> If the extra header info (from gateway to internal server)
> would not affect the razor2 signature then why is
> SpamAssassin finding it listed in Razor2 OR why can't I find
> it listed when I run a razor-check against the message?

Razor's temporalness is my guess.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
3 dreaded words when making love: "Is that it?"

Re: [Razor-users] Small Problem with Razor2 via SpamAssassin

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 06:13:36PM -0500, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> > I'm using SpamAssassin 3.0.2 with Razor2 (agent 2.61).
>
> Not 2.67?  So no whiplash (version 8) signatures...  very odd...

Whiplash was added in 2.61, fyi.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."