Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sauyet, Scott (OTS-HAR)" <Sc...@output.net> on 2002/10/10 15:35:48 UTC

RE: Where to start for an RTF renderer (was: New Developer Sugges tion)

> Yes, we've been talking about structure-based renderers (like RTF and MIF)

> vs. layout-based ones (PDF being the focal point) for some time.
[ ... ]
> 4) My suggestion is to first use the RTF library from jfor in binary form,
by
> including jfor's jar in the FOP distribution, to create the RTF document
from
> the StructureHandler events. The current jfor code does a similar thing
where
> the jfor Converter (jfor/jfor/converter/Converter) uses SAX events to
drive
> the jfor RTF library.

This makes sense, and I will start looking at it.

But, as I said up front, nobody should count on my being able to accomplish
this,
and anyone who wants to do it will not offend me by going ahead and doing it
without me.

  -- Scott

.sig wanders off, mumbling something about learning CVS.

Re: Where to start for an RTF renderer (was: New Developer Sugges tion)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Hi Scott,

>. . .anyone who wants to do it will not offend me by going ahead and doing
> it without me.
>. . .

We haven't had too many volunteers lately in this area, so this shouldn't be
a problem.

Just make sure to send your patches early, without waiting for your
enhancements to be "finished". This will help coordinating your work with
that of other developers.

-Bertrand