Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Cheung, Quinn" <QC...@rheinmetall.ca> on 2007/07/11 14:48:12 UTC

log4cxx

Does anyone know if we can send log messages to Chainsaw from a log4cxx client?  I haven't looked at it in detail, but is there a socketHubAppender with log4cxx and are the objects written to the socket compatible with what is read from chainsaw?

RE: log4cxx

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
I believe a socket appender which sends logging events conforming to
log4j's DTD was developed for log4cxx (on the Chainsaw side, set up an
XMLSocketReceiver).

You could also write your logs to a text file and process the log file
in Chainsaw using LogFilePatternReceiver.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950