Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/24 02:48:17 UTC

What is the procedure of upgrading producers from 0.8 to 0.10

Hello we have a producer that is written in c language to send data to
kafka using 0.8 protocol. We now need to upgrade since protocol has
changed. We will upgrade broker first to 0.10 version and set
log.message.format.version=0.8.1.1.

What is the right approach of upgrading producer to avoid downtime?

Do we upgrade consumers before upgrading producers?

Can producer send data using 0.10 format when log.message.format.version is
set to 0.8.1.1 ? Does anyone know what is the impact?

Thanks so much in advance for the help!

Re: What is the procedure of upgrading producers from 0.8 to 0.10

Posted by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Got it same rules apply to producer.
Thanks again.

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.