Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by fommil <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/07 02:37:05 UTC

Pull Requests on github

Hi all,

I'm the author of netlib-java and I noticed that the documentation in MLlib
was out of date and misleading, so I submitted a pull request on github
which will hopefully make things easier for everybody to understand the
benefits of system optimised natives and how to use them :-)

  https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/4448

However, it looks like there are a *lot* of outstanding PRs and that this is
just a mirror repository.

Will somebody please look at my PR and merge into the canonical source (and
let me know)?

Best regards,
Sam

Re: Pull Requests on github

Posted by fommil <sa...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks! Let me know if there are any more core numerical libraries
that you'd like to see to support Spark with optimised natives using a
similar packaging model at netlib-java.

I'm interested in fast random number generation next, and I keep wondering
if anybody would be interested in paying for FPGA or GPU / APU backends for
netlib-java. It would be a *lot* of work but I'd be very interested to talk
to an organisation with such a requirement and I'd be able to do it in less
time than they would internally.

Re: Pull Requests on github

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.

Re: Pull Requests on github