Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Aki Yoshida <sa...@googlemail.com> on 2010/12/17 18:09:28 UTC

missing transport ID in the CXF 2.3.1's http_osgi's destination registry

Hi,
This problem only occurs in CXF 2.3.x in the OSGi environment.

It seems the entry for ID "http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http" was
forgotten in cxf-extension-osgi.xml of the cxf-rt-transports-http-osgi
component. And this missing entry is causing a lookup problem for the
destination factory in the OSGi environment. This problem seems to be
unique to 2.3.x, as this ID was not used in 2.2.x but introduced in
2.3.x.

This ID entry is present in the extension file of the other CXF 2.3.1
transport components cxf-rt-transports-http and
cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty, as

 <value>http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http</value>

The missing ID in the cxf-rt-transports-osgi component is leading to a
destination factory lookup error because
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapTransportFactory.getDestination(EndpointInfo)
uses its mapTransportURI method to map the http transport ID to
“http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http” and this ID is looked up.

Coudl it be that this ID entry was simply forgotten in
cxf-extension-orgi.xml, as the problem can be resolved by including
the above entry in the file?

In that case, should we create a jira issue and attach a svn diff for
2.3.x (or may not need a diff, as it is a single line change)? Maybe
we can also provide a JUnit test for this.

Thanks

Regards, Aki

Re: missing transport ID in the CXF 2.3.1's http_osgi's destination registry

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I logged a JIRA for this last week:

I just haven't had time to really tackle it.  The ID's need to match what the
Jetty/servlet components are registered on.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org