Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Erik Labree <e_...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/18 10:23:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Request jsp pages from server and store them on disk

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a project where we use Apache webserver with tomcat. We
have a client app which does requests to the webserver and the client gets the
response back from apache this is working great. Now we want the client to also
work in a offline mode where there won't and can't be a webserver to talk to. To
do that we want to store the pages on the localdisk.
To generate those local file we need to have a tool/script that looks at the
directory structure of the webapplication and does requests to the pages it can
see and save each page as plain text in the same directory structure as the
webapp to the file system.
Are there already tools that do this or otherwise any input on how to do this
would be greatly appriciated.

Note that the files will be placed on a cd and that generating the pages doesn't
happen in a user environment but in our build process so it doesn't have to be
the nicest looking app available as long as it does the job.

Thanks,

Erik Labree

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Request jsp pages from server and store them on disk

Posted by John Hicks <jo...@gulfbridge.net>.
Erik Labree wrote:
> Davide Bianchi <davide <at> onlyforfun.net> writes:
>

>>Erik Labree wrote:
>>
>>>To generate those local file we need to have a tool/script that looks at the
>>>directory structure of the webapplication and does requests to the pages it
>>>can
>>>see and save each page as plain text in the same directory structure as the
>>>webapp to the file system.
>>>Are there already tools that do this or otherwise any input on how to do this
>>>would be greatly appriciated.
>>
>>Every browser can do it. Otherwise there are 'spiders' that can crawl
>>and download an entire site.
>>
>>Davide
>>

> Thanks Davide,
>
> 'Spiders' seem like a good way to go because it needs to be automated.
> Anyoneany experience with them?
>
> Erik

wget is a GNU utility available with most Linux distributions that can
act as a spider to download and store an entire web site.

See: http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

John

[users@httpd] Re: Request jsp pages from server and store them on disk

Posted by Erik Labree <e_...@hotmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Request jsp pages from server and store them on disk

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.

--
Windows 95 is crash compatible with Windows 1.0, 2.x, and 3.x.