Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2005/09/12 11:22:19 UTC

Another table-question: initial column-number for cells

Hi,

The Rec describes the default value for the column-number on
table-cells as:
"For the first table-cell in a table-row, the current column number is
1..."

My question: is this also true in case there was a row-spanning cell
from the previous row that already occupies the first column? IOW: May
we assume that in that case, the first "free" column-number may be used
(taking into account spans from previous rows)?

It's not all that difficult to track pending row-spans, so we could
already take care of that when determining the initial value, and it
makes more sense to me to interpret it that way, but just thought I'd
ask...

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Another table-question: initial column-number for cells

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Sep 12, 2005, at 12:01, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

> FYI: I'm currently almost done with having the initial values set by
> the Property subsystem itself. (Finn's recent addition of
> TableBorderPrecedence gave me just the hint I needed to get the
> necessary understanding of the property system...)
>
> Expect more later today. Still have to remove some superfluous code
> (the question hasColumnNumber() for instance, will become irrelevant,
> since every TableCell/TableColumn will have its column-number
> correctly set by the time layout starts, apart from repeated columns.
> I'm still struggling with those...)

Just a status-report:
Will have to look again tomorrow... I'll have to dive deeper into the
layout code first. Up until the FOTree, I got the column-numbers
correctly assigned so far --only repeated columns will have to be
handled by ColumnSetup for the time being.
It seems it's going to take a little longer than I expected to make it
pass all the layoutengine tests :-(

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:49, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> The current code works that way. The first free grid unit is used.

OK. Thanks for the confirmation.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
The current code works that way. The first free grid unit is used.

See table-cell_number-rows-spanned.xml

> The Rec describes the default value for the column-number on
> table-cells as:
> "For the first table-cell in a table-row, the current column number is
> 1..."
>
> My question: is this also true in case there was a row-spanning cell
> from the previous row that already occupies the first column? IOW: May
> we assume that in that case, the first "free" column-number may be used
> (taking into account spans from previous rows)?
>
> It's not all that difficult to track pending row-spans, so we could
> already take care of that when determining the initial value, and it
> makes more sense to me to interpret it that way, but just thought I'd
> ask...

Jeremias Maerki