Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Hiroyuki OYAMA <oy...@cpan.org> on 2003/09/05 20:09:53 UTC

[rfc] APRize tool (skeleton generator like apxs)

Hi,

I made the tool so that more people could begin easily the
project using APR.

  http://module.jp/dist/aprize-0.0.0

'aprize' tool generates a skeleton like the 'apxs' tool of
Apache HTTP Server.

  Example:
    $ aprize -g -n myproject
    Creating [DIR] myproject
    Creating [DIR] myproject/build
    Creating [FILE] myproject/configure.in
    Creating [FILE] myproject/Makefile.am
    Creating [FILE] myproject/myproject.c
    Creating [FILE] myproject/buildconf
    Creating [LINK] myproject/apr
    Creating [LINK] myproject/build/apr_common.m4
    Creating [LINK] myproject/build/find_apr.m4
    Creating [FILE] myproject/NEWS
    Creating [FILE] myproject/README
    Creating [FILE] myproject/AUTHORS
    Creating [FILE] myproject/ChangeLog
    Creating [FILE] myproject/configure
    You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
    Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build'.
    configure.in: installing `build/install-sh'
    configure.in: installing `build/mkinstalldirs'
    configure.in: installing `build/missing'
    Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
    Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
    Makefile.am: installing `build/depcomp'

'aprize' is a Perl script and performs the next processing:

  1. Read '/usr/local/apr/build/apr_rules.mk'.

  2. Extract configration info from 'apr_rules.mk'.

  3. Create 'project' & 'project/build' directory,

  4. Extract files from __DATA__ section:
       'project/configure.in',
       'project/Makefile.am',
       'project/project.c',
       'project/buildconf'

  5. Create symlink from APR source directory:
       'project/build/apr_common.m4'
       'project/build/find_apr.m4'
       'project/apr'

  6. Touch files
       'project/NEWS'
       'project/README'
       'project/AUTHORS'
       'project/ChangeLog'

  7. Create 'configure' script.
       % cd project; aclocal; libtoolize; automake --add-missing; autoconf

__
I want an opinion about this tool. and I wish this kind of
tool to be appended to APR package.

Regards,
Hiroyuki OYAMA