Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Igor Lyubimov <ig...@knipp.de> on 2003/03/12 16:17:07 UTC

unwanted emty lines in produced html

Hallo!

I use struts-tiles framework for my web application.

When I look in produced html code, I see wery much empty lines. In this
case I become broken design. (Some divs have incorrect size, table cells
are broken etc.)

As I understand this problem, this emty lines are produced by embedded
java statements and struts/tiles tags like:

<% ... %>
<%@ ... %>
<tiles:useAttribute ... />

So, how can I control the output? I need to be able to use in my code
constructions (as stated above) and I do not like to have one emty line
per construction. I do not like to have very long lines in my code too.

Have anybody solution for this problem?

Thanks a lot,

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                         D-44227 Dortmund
      Dipl.-Mathematiker Igor Lyubimov   Fon: +49-231-9703-0
      Igor.Lyubimov@knipp.de             Fax: +49-231-9703-200

Re: unwanted emty lines in produced html

Posted by Igor Lyubimov <ig...@knipp.de>.

James Mitchell wrote:
> I guess you could also use a filter to catch and format/filter out
> unwanted characters.

Which filter do you mean? (Excuse me, for this question, but I'm newbie
whith this framework) Where can I find info about format/filter?

      |       |

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I have gotten around this by reworking my jsp tags and taglibs

<some html here>
<%  some script here %>
<more html here>

(with that, there are 3 line breaks, more for iteration)

Becomes

<some html here
><%  some script here
%><more html here>

(this will only have 1 line break, at the end of the last tag)

I guess you could also use a filter to catch and format/filter out
unwanted characters.

Good Luck!!

--
James Mitchell