Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com> on 2012/11/18 09:08:24 UTC

hector - cassandra versions compatibility

Hi!
I posted this question on hector users list but no one answered, so I am
trying here as well.

I have production cluster running Cassandra 1.0.8 and a test cluster with
Cassandra 1.1.6.
In my Java app I do not user maven, but rather have my lib directory with
the jar files I use.

When I ran my client code, currently using
cassandra-all-1.0.8.jar
cassandra-clientutil-1.0.8.jar
cassandra-thrift-1.0.9.jar
hector-core-1.0-5.jar
*it worked fine with both Cassandra 1.0.8 and 1.1.6.*

When I changed only hector to be hector-core-1.1-2.jar, *it also worked
fine with both Cassandra 1.0.8 and 1.1.6.

*
When I switched to
cassandra-all-1.1.5.jar
cassandra-clientutil-1.1.5.jar
cassandra-thrift-1.1.5.jar
hector-core-1.1-2.jar
*it didn't work, WITH EITHER Cassandra version...*

I had exceptions below.
Anyone can help or have an idea?

Thanks,
Tamar

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
org/apache/cassandra/thrift/Cassandra$Client
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.client.HThriftClient.getCassandra(HThriftClient.java:88)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.client.HThriftClient.getCassandra(HThriftClient.java:97)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:251)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:132)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.getColumn(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:858)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftColumnQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftColumnQuery.java:57)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftColumnQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftColumnQuery.java:52)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:101)
        at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftColumnQuery.execute(ThriftColumnQuery.java:51)

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com