Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/20 12:00:11 UTC

Archetypeng build on maven 2.1 - advice expected

Hello,

I have some trouble with the archetypeng stuff so i summarize there.

The actual archetypeng build is made using maven-2.1 libraries and
a jira raised ask for it to build with maven-2.0.x.
I am aware that 2.1 libraries are best, but as they are snapshots, this will
prevent any release of the archetypeng before a while. The aim of
these libraries is to have the archetypeng plugin behave smoothly with
http proxies.

I would be glad to have some feedback on this issue.

Kind regards,

Raphaël

PS: I will be away (or intermittently on internet) until 4 january

Re: Archetypeng build on maven 2.1 - advice expected

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Raphaël,

On 20/12/2007, at 10:00 PM, Raphaël Piéroni wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some trouble with the archetypeng stuff so i summarize there.
>
> The actual archetypeng build is made using maven-2.1 libraries and
> a jira raised ask for it to build with maven-2.0.x.
> I am aware that 2.1 libraries are best, but as they are snapshots,
> this will
> prevent any release of the archetypeng before a while. The aim of
> these libraries is to have the archetypeng plugin behave smoothly with
> http proxies.

Yeah I raised this since I think that even if maven-2.0.x clients can
use it with those libraries, it will block the release, and I think
it'd be good to move towards getting this out.

I'm not sure what the http proxy improvement is exactly - does anyone
have more details? Is there any way we can backport that particular
improvement to 2.0.x?

In ArchetypeNG, does it require different API calls, or just the use
of the newer artifact lib at runtime? I tried just changing the dep
versions back and it didn't compile, but I don't know if that was
related to the functionality or just using a new API.

Thanks,
Brett