Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vince <wa...@verizon.net> on 2016/06/02 21:22:20 UTC

Unable to Get Page Break Preview

AOO-Calc 4.1.2; WIN8.1

I have been working for several hours today with a Calc file that has
eight tab-sheets within it.

All tab-sheets, except for two, do not show the expected Page Break
Preview. Instead, the entire sheet palette is a shade of gray
background. Also, within one sheet that also happens to have hidden cell
data, the color of the characters are showing as white in those cells.
There are no indication of (blue) page breaks or watermarked- Page numbers.

I have no idea how or why this has happened. (I probably did something
silly while jumping back and forth from one tab-sheet to another.)
After exiting AOO and after rebooting my computer, the problem remains.
I've checked several other Calc files, and they do not exhibit this
particular problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem and offer a solution?

Thanks for reading this.

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Unable to Get Page Break Preview

Posted by Vince <wa...@verizon.net>.
Well, I have gone around in circles, today, for about 1.25 hours! :-[

However, I am happy :-) to be able to report that I now am able to see a
"normal" View>Page Break Preview on screen for each of the tabbed-sheets
within the /2016 My Bowling Score Data.ods/ file.  It remains a mystery
to me, for now, what I actually had done to create this problem!

It turns out that I needed to /define a print range/ for each
tabbed-sheet; not to remove/delete those that already existed, within
that .ods file.

Thanks to Brian and to Girvin for taking their time to offer helpful
suggestions.

Now, I am back to redesigning the .ods file to include Brian's or
Dennis's formula for detecting hits of my bowling scores that fall
within specific /range bin-decades/, from 100 to 109, 110 to 119, ....
290 to 299, etc., and 300.

Regards,

VinceB.

Posted by "Girvin R. Herr" <gh...@sbcglobal.net>.
Vince,

By my experience this is the other way around.  To be able to print a
sheet, a print range must be defined for that sheet, and defining a
print range for one sheet does not apply to the remaining sheets.  If
you want to print all sheets, then all sheets must have a print range
defined.  Personally, I think that all sheets' print ranges should
default to "Entire Sheet" when created, but the devs must not see it
that way, since this requirement has been around for years.  To me, it
is a productivity time-waster to set the print ranges for each and every
sheet.

HTH
Girvin Herr

Posted by "Vince B." <wa...@verizon.net>.