Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ron Wiernusz <r....@hotmail.com> on 2022/01/27 19:10:49 UTC

Problems

I have been experiencing crashes of the Open Office program. They seem to becoming more often. What is happening to it?
When a crash occurs I loose all the info I had put in.
Thank you for a prompt response,
Ronald Wiernusz
570-814-9299

Re: Problems

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
Ron,
Strongly recommend do not include your phone number or personal information
beyond your email address. This is a public mailing list and whatever you
post here can be read by anyone.

As to the crashing there are many many potential causes and they differ
depending on such things as the particular software being used and the
configuration of the computer. If an old version of Windows and a new
version of OpenOffice or vice versa that could be the problem. A recent
Windows update could even be the source of the problem.

In no particular order here are some potential solutions if your computer
is using Windows 10. I suggest try each one, see if the problem persists
and if so move on to the next one.
* Make sure ALL Windows updates have been applied
* Make sure you're using the latest version of OpenOffice
* Uninstall OpenOffice then reinstall it
* Check space available on the hard drive, Windows seems to like 20% of the
hard drive free (regardless of the drive's size). If there's not 20% free
see if you can remove files and/or uninstall programs you don't use to get
to 20% free
* Use your antivirus and antimalware software and do full scans of the hard
drive to see if any threats are found and if they are let the antivirus and
antimalware programs fix them
* Check CPU and Memory usage in the Performance tab in Task Manager. If
either of them are pegged see what program(s) are causing it and shut them
down or uninstall ones you don't need.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 2:12 PM Ron Wiernusz <r....@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have been experiencing crashes of the Open Office program. They seem to
> becoming more often. What is happening to it?
> When a crash occurs I loose all the info I had put in.
> Thank you for a prompt response,
> Ronald Wiernusz
> 570-814-9299

Alan Boba