Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@symas.com> on 2014/04/29 07:30:57 UTC

Mavibot : status

Hi guys,

I just committed a big bunch of modifications in my branch. All those
changes are related to the implementaton of transactions (write and read
transactions).

We now have an implicit transaction system, associated with an explicit
transaction system. In other words, if the user does not explicitely
start a transaction, every operaton will start a transaction itself.
Otherwise, if the user has started a transaction, the operations will
use it and no commit will be done unless the user does it.

The read trasactions are also implemented, but need a check.

We have two failing tests atm (well, one is not a failure, it's just
blocking : the multiThreadInsert test). The failure is for the bulk load
test.

This is still very premature, so I won't inject the branch into trunk
atm. I will fix the tests and add some more to be sure that everything
is in place.

Thanks !

Re: Mavibot : status

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 4/29/14 7:30 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
> We have two failing tests atm (well, one is not a failure, it's just
> blocking : the multiThreadInsert test).

The multi-threaded test is now working. I just forgot to implement the
beginTransaction/commit/rollback logic for in-memory btrees :-)

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com