Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by 王振涛 <95...@qq.com> on 2017/12/21 01:49:34 UTC

Can I make my contributions to apache flink as a committer now?

Hi!

I doubt whether I have been a Flink committer. Is there anything else I have to do before I become a Flink committer?
I would be grateful if you could help me.

Warm Regards,

-- zhentaowang
Big data r&d engineer, Quantum gold clothing co. LTD

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhentaowang,

no, you have not become a Flink committer.

Flink committers are nominated by the Flink PMC (same applies to any Apache
project).
Before a person is proposed as a committer by a Flink PMC member and
accepted by the PMC as a committer, the person should have made valuable
contributions to be project and become an active member of the community.
This is process requires to be active in the Flink community for several
months (see also [1]).
So, before becoming a committer, you have to become a regular contributor
to the project.

You can contribute to Flink without being a committer in various ways [2].
If you want to contribute code, you can check for existing issues or open a
new one, and open a pull request [3].
The pull request will then be reviewed and hopefully be merged by a
committer when it is ready.

Best regards,
Fabian

[1] http://flink.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html#how-to-become-a-committer