Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bernd Mau <Ma...@hhla.de> on 2005/09/29 15:03:30 UTC

[M2] Snapshot Dependencies

Hi,

snapshots are handled by timestamps. If I use binary dependencies
against snapshots inside eclipse, each time when I need a new snapshot
from my colleague I have to generate a new classpath for eclipse.
Actually I only want to generate .project and .classpath only if the POM
change. Dependencies shoud always look like this:

  <classpathentry kind="var"
path="M2_REPO/hhla/library/hhla.lang/MAVEN-SNAPSHOT/hhla.lang-MAVEN-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>

But the snapshot jar without the timestamp only exist in my local
repository if I have installed or deployed the jar from my local
machine.

Thanks for your help!
Bernd

Re: [M2] Snapshot Dependencies

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
I believe Brett very kindly fixed this in trunk last night:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-230

This should fix the deploying snapshot issue with eclipse, but haven't
had a chance to check it yet.

Thanks again to Brett for getting this in before 2.1! :)

Mark

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.