Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io> on 2016/05/31 17:07:17 UTC

Update on the Quickstep project

Quick update on the Quickstep project:

We are now transitioned  to ASF. So, no new commits should go to the old repo. The workflow for committers is at: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/QUICKSTEP/Workflow+For+Committers <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/QUICKSTEP/Workflow+For+Committers>. Big thanks to Zuyu for taking the lead on this.

Important question for this group: Does any one know how to find out if a committer on a Quickstep PR has filled up the Apache ICLA? The list at http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html <http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html> does not work. For example, I’m not on it and I know I filed the ICLA a long time ago. I think that list does not reflect incubator projects. Clearly this is important for anyone that is closing a PR.

Cheers,
Jignesh

Re: Update on the Quickstep project

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Thanks Zuyu! I wasn’t there about a while ago, so good to see that it is listed there.
>
> I see Siddharth Suresh, Navneet Potti and Craig Chasseur are missing.
> I believe they have signed the ICLA. Others may be missing too — haven’t done a full check.
>
> I wonder if they have misses a step that I should remind them of.

It could be the case that they didn't include the desired ASF ID on the form.

The best way to track it is tracking traffic on quickstep-private@
since all ICLA
ACKs are sent there as well. In particular, looking for Craig yields
the ask from
ASF secretary to resubmit since the signature was missing.

In general, you all should be able to access the archives:
    https://mail-search.apache.org/members/private-arch/quickstep-private/

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Update on the Quickstep project

Posted by Zuyu Zhang <zz...@pivotal.io>.
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io> wrote:

> I see Siddharth Suresh, Navneet Potti and Craig Chasseur are missing. I
> believe they have signed the ICLA.

Both Sid and Navneet are in the contributor list:

http://people.apache.org/unlistedclas.html

Re: Update on the Quickstep project

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Zuyu Zhang <zz...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Jignesh,

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Great tip Roman! I’ll work on a similar page for us over the next week.

Cheers,
Jignesh

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
> There is already a definitive answer: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-156 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-156>

It is a good answer, but strictly speaking Mark wasn't VP of Legal at
ASF at that point,
so I don't think the answer will qualify as an 'authorative' but it is
definitely
'definitive' ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Update on the Quickstep project

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
There is already a definitive answer: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-156 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-156>

But I agree with you, Spark’s process is a good one for Quickstep to adopt.

Julian

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Roman,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Roman,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Quick update on the Quickstep project:
>
> We are now transitioned  to ASF. So, no new commits should go to the old repo.
> The workflow for committers is at: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/QUICKSTEP/Workflow+For+Committers
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/QUICKSTEP/Workflow+For+Committers>.
> Big thanks to Zuyu for taking the lead on this.

Awesome progress! And also, this would be a great addition to our June
Incubator report.

> Important question for this group: Does any one know how to find out if a committer on a Quickstep
> PR has filled up the Apache ICLA?

That's pretty easy -- ICLA means existence of ASF ID. You can look it up here:
    http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html

> The list at http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html <http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html> does not work.
> For example, I’m not on it and I know I filed the ICLA a long time ago. I think that list does not reflect incubator projects.

It most certainly does. In fact, I can clearly see your name there:
   $ curl -s http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html | grep Jignesh