Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Marose, Justin (GE EntSol, Security)" <Ju...@ge.com> on 2008/03/19 16:00:14 UTC

Problem with site:deploy

Hello all,

I'm having issues deploying my site using scp protocol (same issue with
sftp as well).

I get the following error, which apparently means that maven can't find
the URL:
    Cannot connect. Reason: invalid server's version string

Here's the kicker...  If I remove my http proxy settings from my
settings.xml file, my site:deploy works!

If looks like even though my distributionManagement URL is using the scp
protocol, and my proxy settings specify the http protocol, that it is
still going through my proxy.

Here are the snippets from my xml files:

settings.xml
------------------
<proxy>
    <id>myproxy</id>
    <active>true</active>
    <protocol>http</protocol>
    <host>http-proxy.appl.ge.com</host>
    <port>8080</port>
    <nonProxyHosts>serverhostname, *.ge.com</nonProxyHosts>
</proxy?

pom.xml
-------------
<distributionManagement>
    <site>
        <id>mysite</id>
        <url>scp://serverhostname/website</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

Obviously, removing my proxy settings for http causes me to not be able
to download plugins and dependencies.  Also, setting 'active' to false
does not seem to work, and setting my server's hostname (both fully
qualified and not) in the 'nonProxyHosts' tag does not seem to work.

Thanks in advance,
Justin

RE: Problem with site:deploy

Posted by "Marose, Justin (GE EntSol, Security)" <Ju...@ge.com>.
Yup.  Looks like this solved the issue.  Now I just have to find out why
I'm getting a permission error on my server when trying to deploy.  That
issue is on my side though.

Thanks!

I committed a fix for this and deployed a new 2.0-beta-7-SNAPSHOT. Could
you please give that a try, to see if it solves the problem for you?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Problem with site:deploy

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.