Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Lazor, Ed" <EL...@providence.org> on 2002/02/22 02:01:26 UTC

How do you setup caching?

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for a week now, with no luck, and
would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

I understand that Apache serves database driven web pages more quickly using
a proxy / cache.  Most of the tutorials I have found relating to proxy and
caching seem to require that users change the configuration of their
browser's proxy settings.  This would be the standard proxy sitting between
a user and all sites on the Internet, but this is not what I am looking for.
I am trying to do the opposite of this.  I would like to serve pages from
one web site to multiple users through a proxy / cache.  I also want to do
this in a way that is transparent to the visitor.  They access a web site's
main URL, for example http://www.someplace.com, and enjoy the improved
performance without having to know they are going through a proxy / cache.

Please, would you confirm whether this is possible and, if so, what to do to
enable it?

Thanks,

-Ed

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.