Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Roc Marshal <fl...@126.com> on 2020/05/02 03:18:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Introduce The Batch/Stream ExecutionEnvironment in Yarn mode

Hi all.
       Expect to have such a mode of submission. Build the job directly in the Environment, and then submit the job in yarn mode. Just like RemoteStreamEnvironment, as long as you specify the parameters of the yarn cluster (host, port) or yarn configuration directory and HADOOP_USER_NAME, you can use the topology built by Env to submit the job .
       This submission method is best to minimize the transmission of resources required by yarn to start flink-jobmanager and taskmanagerrunner to ensure that flink can deploy job on the yarn cluster as quickly as possible.
The simple demo as shown in  the picture .the parameter named 'env' containes all the operators about job ,like sources,maps,etc..

Thank you for your attention.

Re: [DISCUSS] Introduce The Batch/Stream ExecutionEnvironment in Yarn mode

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roc Marshal,

I have a question about making the Yarn deployment ASAP. In my opinion,
using the "ExecutionEnvironment"
instead of "flink run -m yarn-cluster" to deploy a Flink cluster on Yarn do
not help to reduce the time cost. Since
we still need to ship the user jars, flink libs to the HDFS staging
directory and register as Yarn local resource.

If we want to achieve this, we need to use the pre-uploaded libs to avoid
the unnecessary uploading and
downloading. We already have a ticket for this[1].

[1].https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-13938

Best,
Yang

Roc Marshal <fl...@126.com> 于2020年5月5日周二 下午7:26写道:

Posted by Roc Marshal <fl...@126.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Re:Re: [DISCUSS] Introduce The Batch/Stream ExecutionEnvironment in Yarn mode

Posted by Roc Marshal <fl...@126.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.