Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Homeijer <M....@devote.nl> on 2001/08/08 10:04:55 UTC

[C2] request:get-uri in aggregation

In the beta 1 of C2, in an aggregated page request:get-uri gave as result
the toplevel uri that is visible in the browser.
In the beta 2 request:get-uri results in the uri of the aggregation part.

How do i now get the uri of the page in the xsl for the complete page?

TIA
Michael Homeijer

Re: [C2] request:get-uri in aggregation

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Michael Homeijer wrote:
> In the beta 1 of C2, in an aggregated page request:get-uri gave as result
> the toplevel uri that is visible in the browser.
> In the beta 2 request:get-uri results in the uri of the aggregation part.
>
> How do i now get the uri of the page in the xsl for the complete page?

I would consider this a bug.

The URI is for how a client obtains this resource--not for how the server
obtains the resource.  I highly recommend going back to the original result
of the function.

Besides that, changing the functionality is a much more subtle and dangerous
way of breaking backwards compatibility.