Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2016/04/04 02:36:29 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Hi Folks!

I am pleased to announce the first release candidate for Apache Yetus 0.2.1

Artifacts are available:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/yetus/0.2.1-RC1/

As of this vote the relevant md5 hashes are:

427b0e685dca43f51a43ef45f49237ae  CHANGES.md
17ec8e87a994b3ee86db7b62f4e827fd  RELEASENOTES.md
479d71d3347634c348d43dc414cdbb3d  yetus-0.2.1-bin.tar.gz
35a24fa81b1cdd4966d7d77e1dd767f1  yetus-0.2.1-src.tar.gz

Source repository commit:

07cfe2ece72e382d2a9df258bdbaab22e6e8624b

Our KEYS file is at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/yetus/KEYS
All artifacts are signed with my key (0D80DB7C)

This is a maintenance release meant to fix the following errors in 0.2.0:

* [YETUS-334] - mvn dependency ordering generates duplicates

Please see the list of all resolved issues in the JIRA release notes:

http://s.apache.org/yetus-0.2.1-jira

Please take a few minutes to verify the release[1] and vote on releasing it:

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Yetus 0.2.1
[ ] +0 no opinion

Vote will be subject to Majority Approval[2] and will close at 1:00AM
UTC on Wednesday, Apr 7th, 2016[3].

[1]: http://yetus.apache.org/contribute/releases/#verification
[2]: https://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#MajorityApproval
[3]: to find this in your local timezone see:
http://s.apache.org/yetus-0.2.1-rc1-close

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
> could you start a new thread that summarizes what we still need to do for that release?

Sure, I'll post it today!

--
Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Could someone do a quick review of the website changes on YETUS-344?
It's blocking the announcement emails.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the summary, Sean.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Yep!

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
I'm +0 for now.
My concern is that YETUS-318-website.patch seems not to be included
this RC. Should we merge this?
If it's unnecessary, I'm +1 (binding). I checked the followings:

- Verified signatures and checksums for all distribution artifacts.
- Reviewed LICENSE and NOTICE.
- Reviewed CHANGES.md and (empty) RELEASENOTES.md.
- Built successfully from source.
- Manually tested test-patch on Hadoop and HBase.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

[Sorry I’ve been MIA lately.  A lot of stuff going on… which is odd given I’m unemployed.  *sigh*]

Re: [VOTE] Apache Yetus 0.2.1-RC1

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.