Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Lilly <rc...@lvcm.com> on 2002/08/20 23:56:23 UTC

PHP 4 with Apache 2 under Windows 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to set up PHP to work with Apache 2.0.40 under Windows 2000. I've
copied the php4apache2.dll to the modules folder and added:

LoadModule php4_module modules/php4apache2.dll

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

to my httpd.conf file.

When I try to restart Apache with the command: apache -n apache2
I get the following error message:

Syntax error on line 173 of httpd.conf:
Cannot load D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/php4apache2.dll
into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

I've tried placing the dll in different directories and point the conf file
at them, and I still get the same error message. The instructions on the PHP
site only talk about Apache 1.3.

Any ideas anyone?
---

Re: PHP 4 with Apache 2 under Windows 2000

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.

I did it the easy way, as a CGI interpreter thingy :)

So, to me httpd.conf, I have:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

And it works fine :)

Chris Taylor - chris@x-bb.org - The guy with the PS2 WebServer -
http://www.x-bb.org/chris.asc

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.

I went the CGI route because I couldn't get the module working
anyway.

My Windows machine is only low-use though, I always compile from
source for Linux, which means getting PHP into Apache2 as a DSO is a
piece of cake :)

Posted by "Webmaster EraSinar.com" <we...@erasinar.com>.