Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/04 06:03:24 UTC

Install Plugin Broken?

Hi,

I'm trying to install some 3rd party jars.

I just installed maven 204 on a new machine,
and I run

mvn install:install-file ...

And since this is a new install of Maven, I expect
maven to download the install plugin and then proceed.

Instead I get this:

[INFO] The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found

Ideas?

Thanks,
- Ole

P.S.

Here's a full install line just in case:

mvn install:install-file
-Dfile=org.eclipse.xsd.editor_2.3.0.v200612211251.jar
-DgroupId=org.eclipse -DartifactId=emf.xsd.editor
-Dversion=2.3.0 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true

Re: Install Plugin Broken?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
OK - I found an older post that where Brett said
run it with -U to force an update.

That worked.