Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2002/11/30 20:18:44 UTC

Documentation for 1.1

In the next days, along with trying to catch up with bugs and tests, I'm
willing to start updating the documentation to 1.1 : we need at least to
change the Administrator guide about starting up and shutting down the
db, but most probably some more fixes will be needed.

My question is on how to proceed, since we need to support 1.0 users
too. Should we have one document with both versions (does not seem very
clean to me) or would it be better to have a different copy of the
documentation? We might set a link in the doc home page to point to 1.0
documentation tree then.

What do you think? And also: is there any native  speaker willing to fix
my poor english?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: Documentation for 1.1

Posted by tom dyson <to...@torchbox.com>.
Hi Gianugo

> My question is on how to proceed, since we need to support 1.0 users
> too. Should we have one document with both versions (does not seem very
> clean to me) or would it be better to have a different copy of the
> documentation? We might set a link in the doc home page to point to 1.0
> documentation tree then.

Two versions would be better than one, in my opinion.

> What do you think? And also: is there any native  speaker willing to fix
> my poor english?

I would be happy to help with this.

Tom

tom dyson