Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Raphael Mack <ra...@rampro.de> on 2001/02/08 21:29:51 UTC

creating a DTD

Hello,

how can I generate a DTD with xerces? I have a DOM of my Document and want
to create a DTD for it.

Thanks,
Raphael
--
E-Mail: raphael.mack@rampro.de - www: http://www.rampro.de - icq: 59473818
Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates and apache inside.

Re: creating a DTD

Posted by Raphael Mack <ra...@rampro.de>.
Am Mon, 12 Feb 2001 schrieb Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen:
> If you have a XML-file, you can use the sample DTDGenerator program with
> Saxon to generate a DTD for it.

oh, nice. where do I get this from?

Re: creating a DTD

Posted by Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <tr...@mrbean.stibo.dk>.
* Sebastien Ponce <se...@cern.ch> [Feb 12. 2001 09:10]:

> You definitely have to write the DTD by hand but you can incorporate it to
> your xml file by creating an empty file with your dtd and importing the nodes
> in it after creation.

If you have a XML-file, you can use the sample DTDGenerator program with
Saxon to generate a DTD for it.

Quite handy to get started.
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen                   "...sound of... Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear

Re: creating a DTD

Posted by Sebastien Ponce <se...@cern.ch>.
Raphael Mack wrote:

> Am Fre, 09 Feb 2001 schrieb Elena Litani:
> > Hi, Raphael
> > > how can I generate a DTD with xerces? I have a DOM of my Document and
> > > want to create a DTD for it.
> > This feature is not supported. Editing of DTDs and Schema is discussed
> > in DOM L3 WD, however, we don't plan to implement it any time soon.
>
> Does this mean, that I have to create the DTD by hand, and have to write it
> into the XML-file created by XMLSerializer by hand?

You definitely have to write the DTD by hand but you can incorporate it to
your xml file by creating an empty file with your dtd and importing the nodes
in it after creation.

Sebastien

Re: creating a DTD

Posted by Raphael Mack <ra...@rampro.de>.
Am Fre, 09 Feb 2001 schrieb Elena Litani:
> Hi, Raphael
> > how can I generate a DTD with xerces? I have a DOM of my Document and
> > want to create a DTD for it.
> This feature is not supported. Editing of DTDs and Schema is discussed
> in DOM L3 WD, however, we don't plan to implement it any time soon.

Does this mean, that I have to create the DTD by hand, and have to write it
into the XML-file created by XMLSerializer by hand?

Rapha

Re: creating a DTD

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.
Hi, Raphael

> Hello,
>
> how can I generate a DTD with xerces? I have a DOM of my Document and want
> to create a DTD for it.

This feature is not supported. Editing of DTDs and Schema is discussed
in DOM L3 WD, however, we don't plan to implement it any time soon.

Hope it helps,
Elena