Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Ramamurthy <su...@nuagenetworks.net> on 2014/07/15 14:07:15 UTC

Guidelines on Functional Test for plugins

Hi All,

Can any one please point me to any document or example for sample FT for
plugins.
Testing plugin needs some setup tp be available.

Is there any way in ACS framework where we can bypass the setup and still
test the functionality?
In some cases where the client library can not be redistributed, how do we
test it?

Please let me know so that I can write some FT for plugin that we are
developing.

Thanks,
Suresh

RE: Guidelines on Functional Test for plugins

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
One suggestion if we agree,

we can move all "plugin" related functional test cases added so far like nuage,brocade or others, in to test/integration/component/"plugins"/.   Not always, we may run them with equipment available for those plugins, in regular regression we can still run normal functional suites, otherwise picking up complete component folder enables all test suites to be picked up for automation run.

Santhosh
Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@apache.org>.
Talluri,

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.