Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ms harsha <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/15 14:22:14 UTC

Issue with time zone in ANT

Hi,

I am adding some entry in the properties file regarding the date and
 time.

<entry key="build.date.detailed" value="now" type="date"
 pattern="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss z"/>

When i execute this above line in my laptop its showing

04/14/2008:11:31:21 IST

But in my desktop it shows

04/14/2008:11:31:21 GMT+5:30

I want both machine to print IST what i need to do please help.

Regards,
Harsha

 between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

Re: Issue with time zone in ANT

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
ms harsha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am adding some entry in the properties file regarding the date and
>  time.
>
> <entry key="build.date.detailed" value="now" type="date"
>  pattern="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss z"/>
>
> When i execute this above line in my laptop its showing
>
> 04/14/2008:11:31:21 IST
>
> But in my desktop it shows
>
> 04/14/2008:11:31:21 GMT+5:30
>
> I want both machine to print IST what i need to do please help.

This looks like a JVM issue, not Ant itself. We just print what the JVM
gives us. Maybe the desktop doesnt have its locale set up right.

What does ant -diagnostics say? Mine says

  Locale information
Timezone Greenwich Mean Time offset=3600000

-which is wrong as once summertime kicks in, I am no longer in
GMT...again the JVM is blurring things here.

-steve

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/