Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Linus-Lin <LL...@OfficeDepot.com> on 2001/04/06 20:00:07 UTC

RE: TTFReader & Arial Unicode MS (again)

>Has any one been able to generate the metrics
>file for this font?
>Does anyone know if there is a chart anywhere
>that lists ttf's, their publisher and how well they support Unicode's.

Microsoft.com has a font product that allows one to look at .ttf files.
Search for VOLT or fonts.
Looking at the individual glphys is somewhat tedious, but you know exactly
what you're getting.
Some of the older ttf's will have encoding that are of non-unicode sets and
will prevent you from using them
unless you don't mind editing the encoding.  I haven't been able to use
those ttf's which I've edited.